Susan Grant Lewin is an authority on marketing, public relations, brand-building, and image enhancement for the design industry. Throughout her career as a journalist, corporate communications executive, and public relations consultant, Susan has consistently pushed the boundaries of creative marketing to the highest levels of design excellence. For the last 20 years, Susan Grant Lewin Associates has served some of the world’s most prestigious designers, architects, and corporations. SGLA work as partners with clients: conceiving and re-tuning a brand, making highly visible and valuable placements, and prospering in a competitive global market. Susan has served on the boards of bodies such as the Architectural League, and been recognized by prestigious awards, including from the American Institute of Architects, the American Society of Interior Designers, and the International Furnishings and Design Association. She has also published multiple books, and donated a significant collection of contemporary jewelry to the Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum, which was shown in the exhibition Jewelry of Ideas (2017-2018).
The team at SGLA brings a multifaceted range of top-level international expertise in a range of areas:
- Experience working with a diverse client roster, including globally recognized architects, designers and firms, major international design brands, lifestyle and luxury brands, manufacturers, developers, fairs, artists, museums, and galleries.
- Branding and design consulting: collaborating with clients to shape overall messaging, visual identity and brand voice. We can audit and consult on owned content, such as website, blog, newsletters, and social media, to improve positioning.Communications: crafting on-target messaging, materials and media pitches that elevate clients and compel interest from the media.
- Social media management: raising the visibility of clients through thoughtful social media strategies, created through conducting in-depth audits of accounts, assessing metrics, image research, scheduling posts, tags, geotags and hashtags, and regular engagement. We offer a full social media management service, where we create and implement your customized strategy in-house. Our carefully thought-out and also flexible approach had led to great results, growing accounts significantly.
- Editorial experience: the team has written for national and international outlets, including newspapers, consumer and trade design magazines, arts, culture and lifestyle publications. We use that experience to update and create strong press materials as well as owned content.
- Publishing experience: team members have written and contributed to books on art, architecture, culture, design, and jewelry.
- Serving on boards: for major museums and non-profit visual art and educational organizations and representing artists, institutions and exhibitions.
- Functioning as connectors: to media, influencers and the design community more broadly, including associations and cultural and educational institutions.